There are so many interesting Killer Whale Facts for Kids!
Let’s learn with facts about killer whales for kids!
“Learning” is a lot easier with fun facts for kids – super easy to remember and they can even make a great conversation starters for kiddoes.
When it comes to this large marine mammal I do have a small confession to make. Although this was (and still is on of) my favorite marine animal as a kid I did not know these majestic swimmers are dolphins.
I assumed they are whales (logic would state if an animal is called a killer whale that it be a whale right?).
Though they kind of are whales… And dolphins…
Let’s learn something about orca shall we?
*this post contains affiliate links*
Killer Whale Facts for Kids
- They are mammals.
- Orcas are the largest species in the dolphin family.
- They live in all oceans and are found in most seas.
- They have no natural predators.
- They are highly social and like to play.
- They have the second heaviest brain amongst all of marine mammals.
- Killer whales are great hunters! Sometimes they even grab seals right of the ice!
- A group of orcas is called a pod.
- They were named by Spanish whale hunters who called them “killers of whales” which eventually turned into killer whales.
Free Printable PDF with Killer Whale Facts
Reading the facts is one thing (and it can be sufficient if your kid is a reading type) but visualizing things can be even better.
That’s why I’ve created this fun printable with all the facts illustrated to help kids “learn” about them.
Get your free printable PDF with Killer Whale Facts here.
We think you might also like these.