There are so many fun facts about Oceans!
Let’s learn with facts about oceans for kids!
We already learned about continents and oceans but now we are taking a closer look at the deep blue.
I will be leaving out a “fact” that there are 5 oceans as different school systems teach different numbers – you can have 4 or 5 or even look at it as one big global one (will be totally ignoring this definition haha).
Let’s learn about these masses of water!
Fun Ocean Facts
- Around 97% of all water is in the oceans and they cover around 71% of Earth’s surface.
- Pacific Ocean is the biggest one.
- You can find mountains and volcanoes on the bottom of oceans.
- The deepest point in the ocean is the Mariana Trench.
- Oceanic evaporation is the source of most rainfall.
- Ocean temperatures determine climate.
- Earth is the only known planet that has oceans (as far as we know for now).
- The biggest animal in the ocean is the blue whale.
- We have explored less than 5% of the ocean (to date).
Free Printable PDF with Ocean Facts
Reading the facts is one thing (and it can be sufficient if your kid is a reading type) but visualising things can be even better. That’s why I’ve created this fun printable with all the facts illustrated to help kids “learn” about them.
Get your free Printable PDF with Ocean Facts here.
More Cool Stuff
We think you might also like these.