There are so many interesting facts about butterflies!
Let’s learn with facts about Butterfly for kids!
I’ve also created life cycle of a butterfly worksheets which will make a nice addition to this printable. There are also quite a few other fun facts for kids printables available on my site (hint hint your kids can create their own fact book).
This time we’re taking a closer look at one of the most colorful bugs on our planet (also my favorite bug, can’t say I’m a fan of many others haha).
Butterfly Facts for Kids
Fun Butterfly Facts for Kids
- It’s said they got their name because they would fly around milk and butter.
- Butterflies live on all continents except Antarctica.
- They can’t hear.
- They “taste” with their front feet.
- They can’t fly when it’s cold.
- The life cycle of a butterfly has 4 stages – egg, caterpillar, chrysalis and adult butterfly.
- Female butterflies are usually larger and live longer.
- A group of butterflies is called a kaleidoscope or also a swarm, flutter or a rabble.
- They have 4 wings.
- They feed mostly on nectar and pollen from flowers.
- Fun Butterfly Facts for Kids With Free Printables
Free Printable PDF with Butterfly Facts
Reading the facts is one thing (and it can be sufficient if your kid is a reading type) but visualising things can be even better. That’s why I’ve created this fun printable with all the facts illustrated to help kids “learn” about them.