Fun Polar Bear Facts for Kids.
There are so many interesting facts about this bear!
Let’s learn with facts about polar bears for kids!
*this post contains affiliate links*
With easy to remember facts for kids your kids will be broadening their horizons on so many different subjects!
I’d call these passive learning as most of these kids will remember without even trying as they really are fun (again most of them – some are just informational but still they will probably remember the “essence” of them).
Polar bears are quite different than other bears of this world and not just because of their “white” fur.
Let’s learn something about this awesome animal shall we?
Polar Bear Facts for Kids
Fun Polar Bear Facts
- They live in the Arctic.
- Male polar bears are called a boar and a female is called a sow.
- Females are about half the size and weight half as much as males.
- They have a 10 cm (4 inch) layer of body fat, hide and fur to keep them warm.
- They overheat at temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
- Their fur only appears white, it’s actually transparent.
- They are excellent swimmers and can swim for days.
- Polar bears mostly eat seals.
- They do not hibernate, however pregnant females do enter a state similar to hibernation.
- They live for 25 years.
- Polar bears and penguins don’t live together (penguins are on the southern hemisphere).
Fun Polar Bear Facts for Kids With Free Printables
Free Printable PDF with Polar Bear Facts
Reading the facts is one thing (and it can be sufficient if your kid is a reading type) but visualising things can be even better. That’s why I’ve created this fun printable with all the facts illustrated to help kids “learn” about them.
Get the free printable Polar Bear Facts for Kids here.