There are so many interesting facts about planet Earth.
Let’s learn with facts about Earth for kids!
We went through the solar system facts for kids the other day and now it’s time to take a closer look at our home planet.
So this one has to be the most awesome planet out there (true we’re not treating it fairly but I trully believe humanity will learn and become more responsible).
Let’s learn something about our lovely home shall we?
Planet Earth Facts for Kids
Fun Planet Earth Facts
- It is the only planet in our solar system with liquid water on surface and oceans.
- Earth isn’t round – it is a slight ellipse – spheroid.
- It orbits the Sun in 365 days.
- 71 percent of it’s surface is covered with water (hence The Blue Planet).
- Antarctica is the coldest place on Earth.
- It’s core has two parts – the liquid inner core and a solid outer core.
- Earth’s core temperature is higher than the temperature on Sun’s surface.
- About 150.000 tons of meteoroids enter Earth’s atmosphere each year.
- It has 1 moon (Luna).
Fun Earth Facts for Kids With Free Printables
Free Printable PDF with Earth Facts
Reading the facts is one thing (and it can be sufficient if your kid is a reading type) but visualising things can be even better. That’s why I’ve created this fun printable with all the facts illustrated to help kids “learn” about them.
Get the printable fact sheet here
More Cool Facts about Planets and Space Objects
Ready to learn about the solar system? Check the solar system worksheets!
Other Facts about Planets and Objects in Our Solar System
We think you might also like these.