There are so many interesting facts about this planet!
Let’s learn with facts about Saturn for kids!
We went through the solar system facts for kids the other day and now it’s time to take a closer look at the planet with the magnificent rings.
Another planet that is super popular with kids, I was a fan as a kid and still think it’s rings are simply amazing.
Let’s learn something the planet with rings shall we?
Fun Planet Saturn Facts
- Saturn’s rings are made (almost entirely) of ice particles.
- It has 9 continuous main rings and 3 discontinuous arcs.
- It orbits the Sun in 29 and a half years!
- The day on Jupiter lasts for about 10 hours.
- It has at least 62 moons (not counting the hundreds of small satellites in the rings and small moonlets).
- It’s largest moon Titan is larger than planet Mercury. It’s also the only moon in the solar system that has atmosphere.
- It can be seen from the Earth with a naked eye (5th brightest object on the sky).
- It has an atmosphere.
Free Printable PDF with Saturn Facts
Reading the facts is one thing (and it can be sufficient if your kid is a reading type) but visualizing things can be even better.
That’s why I’ve created this fun printable with all the facts illustrated to help kids “learn” about them.
Get your free printable PDF with Saturn Facts here.
More Cool Facts about Planets and Space Objects
Ready to learn about the solar system? Check the solar system worksheets!
Other Facts about Planets and Objects in Our Solar System