There are so many interesting facts about planet Venus.
Let’s learn with facts about Venus for kids!
We went through the solar system facts for kids the other day and now it’s time to take a closer look at the center of it.
As a kid I admired this planet as it is so small and so close to the sun – who knows, maybe because I was a small and tiny kid I somehow could relate haha.
Let’s learn something about this small planet, shall we?
Fun Planet Venus Facts
- Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system.
- It’s Earth’s “sister planet” as it’s similar in size, mass, composition and gravity.
- “Morning Star” and “Evening Star” is the same thing – it’s in fact planet Venus (the brightest “star” on the sky besides the Sun).
- It orbits the Sun in 224.7 days (as opposed to Earth’s 365).
- It has atmosphere.
- It has pretty much constant temperature during day and night 462°C / 863°F.
- Venus has clouds and they can produce lightning.
- It has no moons.
Free Printable PDF with Venus Facts
Reading the facts is one thing (and it can be sufficient if your kid is a reading type) but visualizing things can be even better.
That’s why I’ve created this fun printable with all the facts illustrated to help kids “learn” about them.
Get your free printable PDF with Fun Venus Facts here.